Who Killed the Electric Car – Exclusive screenings in June and July
In 1996, electric cars began to appear on roads all over California. They were quiet and fast, produced no exhaust and ran without gasoline. 10 years later, these cars were destroyed.
20 years later, what has changed?
To mark the 10 year anniversary of this compelling documentary The Better NZ Trust are delighted to be hosting Chelsea Sexton at exclusive screenings of “Who Killed the Electric Car” around New Zealand.
The documentary will be followed by a Q&A session with Chelsea who will comment on what has changed over the last 10 years, internationally and now in New Zealand, and what still remains to be done to ensure that we have an electric future.
Chelsea Sexton is an electric car advocate and advisor. She is most notable for her role in Who Killed the Electric Car. Chelsea frequently writes articles and blog posts about electric cars and her views on obtaining mass adoption of the technology by the car industry and drivers. She lives in California with her husband Bob Sexton, a former EV1 service technician who was also employed by Tesla.
Who Killed The Electric Car Screening Dates (click through for more details and to book)
- Tuesday 28th June – Lighthouse Cinema Cuba St WELLINGTON – 6.00 pm
- Wednesday 29th June – Lighthouse Cinema Petone WELLINGTON – 8.00 pm
- Friday 1st July – Sudima Hotel, CHRISTCHURCH – 7.30 pm
- Sunday 3rd July – Otago Museum, DUNEDIN – 2.00 pm
- Wednesday 6th July – PALMERSTON NORTH Cinema Gold
- Sunday 10th July – Northpower, WHANGAREI – 2.00 pm
- Monday 11th July – The Bridgeway Cinema AUCKLAND – 8.00 pm